Angelina Jolie is more than just an otherworldly beauty that we don’t deserve on this planet. She’s the only daughter of Marcheline Bertrand and Jon Voight, so her destiny as an actress was always sealed. Here are all the steps of Jolie’s journey up until she became a serious household name, and embodied the definition of Hollywood.
1. Angelina Jolie was a total smoke show as a teen, rocking long dark hair with that smoldering look that way beyond her years. Little did this innocent teen know, she would undergo major beauty transformations over the next few decades.
2. Here she is at the Playing God premiere back in 1997, before she was as famous as she is today. Her acting career hadn’t yet taken off completely, but that short haircut was a game-changer — her angled supermodel face pulled it off with ease.
3. Then came the movie Gia, which changed everything for Angie. Even at her red carpet appearance for the premiere, she had a new type of confidence with her, but the all-white look was a surprising departure from the all-black-everything, edgy girl that we would come to know in the next decade.
4. She went for something a little more sleek and sexy when she won a Golden Globe for the intense portrayal of supermodel Gia, wearing this long, sparkling dress with an up-do and minimal makeup.
5. Remember when Angie went blond for a minute? We haven’t seen someone be able to pull off both blond and brunettes looks with such ease, and it’s a testament to Jolie’s timeless beauty. Here’s she’s serving up Marilyn Monroe vibes, especially with those pouty lips and diamond necklace.
6. When Jolie married actor Billy Bob Thornton, she took a hard left from her usual Hollywood glam, instead experimenting with darker makeup looks, black hair, and rocker girl looks.