It’s interesting how a horse racing event is
associated more with fashion than with an have and actual horse riding, but
what can we do, the Brits will have their crazy traditions. It’s gotten to the
point where now bookies actually take bets for what color hat will the queen
wear on which day. How cool is that? But also, it really seems like the crazier
the hat you can wear to the royal ascot – the more street cred (or perhaps it
would be more appropriate to say royal cred) you get. So let’s take a look at
some of the most insane hats we’ve seen at this year royal ascot. Feel free to
pick your favorites and get inspired by these awesome hat choices.
1. The bigger the hat, the more sideways it sits on your hat – the better. At least that seems to be the rule at the Royal Ascot amongst fashionable royals. And if you can fit a massive bunch of flowers on your hat too – go for it!
2. The Queen went for a bright outfits as
always and we’re here for it. It’s always exciting when the Queen chooses to go
with a bold color. Of course her hats had to match the rest of the look…
3. You’d think wearing a purse that looks like
the British flag is as British as you can get. But you’d be wrong. Wearing a
massive British flag shaped hat is also an option. How come we haven’t thought
of this earlier?
4. Kate Middletonis actually looks awesome!
Loving the gentle blue shade, and the flowers definitely add a bit of drama but not too much.
One of the few hats we think we could actually pull if we ever went to the
5. Speaking of the most British hats ever – why not wear an entire teapot with flowers on your head as a fashionable hat. Madhatter from Alice in Wonderland would be proud, for sure. This one has to be our favorite hat of all.
6. You can always choose to have a theme and
make it a group effort, like these ladies did. Clearly the theme is red and
pink and we absolutely love how stylish, adorable and ever so slightly
whimsical they look.
7. What can you do – making a scene and
standing out seems to be the whole point of the event.
8. Flowers everywhere, feathers galore. If you
need to camouflage yourself at the Royal Ascot this kind of hat is honestly
your best bet. You might even get mistaken for a member of the royal family.
9. Have you heard the saying “the bigger the
hair – the closer to god”? Clearly the British version of this would be “the
taller the hat – the closer to royalty”.
10. When in doubt of what to wear to the Royal Ascot – go for pom poms.
11. It seems to be working great for this
lady. She fits right in amongst all the other crazy hats and as you can tell by
her facial expression she seems pretty happy about it.
12. We’re very impressed with the size,
structure and color of this hat. Yet it’s quite awesome looking don’t you
13. Just look at this oversized straw hat with
an extra large wide brim! Isn’t it gorgeous?
14. Like they say “It’s better to wear many
hats than have too many heads”. True!
15. Looking at these hats don’t you think that a simple minimalistic design can have a striking impact too?