1) The evolution: Within the 18 years because it invigorated the stay music scene in downtown Fort Lauderdale with an intimate venue (Revolution Dwell) for famend and rising expertise, Rattling Good Hospitality has adopted the street less-traveled to high-quality eating. Profitable ideas in Broward just like the informal Yard and speakeasy-inspired Stache each rejoice socializing and grownup drinks greater than kitchen fare. However give Rattling Good CEO Jeff John credit score. When his group lastly did enterprise into high-quality eating, it modified a culinary panorama.
2) Household affair: The western a part of south Palm Seaside County has gone gaga (not Girl Gaga, who truly performed at Revolution again within the day) over Warren and the American Whiskey Kitchen idea. The title is an ode to John’s late uncle and mentor, Warren, who died at age 66 in 2014. Nevertheless it’s additionally an homage to John’s grandmother, a girl of Center Japanese descent who escaped persecution at age 7 by fleeing to Lebanon along with her mom and, later, to the south of France. She would finally land in Chicago, the place she raised 4 kids totally on her personal after her husband died. “She was a powerful, well-traveled girl,” John says. “Our household loves folks, we love tradition—and we love America. That got here from her.”
3) Within the spirit: The restaurant’s celebration of whiskey, in the meantime, is all John. He began amassing it and growing relationships with completely different manufacturers after launching Stache in 2013. As evidenced by the again wall at Warren, that networking continues to bear fruit. Warren boasts practically 1,000 authentic bottles in its assortment with a mixed value of some $1 million. Along with spectacular top-dollar rarities—a 50-year-old Macallan, launched in 2018, is certainly one of solely 35 launched in america (1 ounce is $5,000)—John is especially happy with the only barrels he’ll style check and buy in Kentucky from manufacturers like Buffalo Hint, Blanton’s and Russell’s Reserve. Give Warren’s “religious adviser,” John “Fitzy” Fitzpatrick (who has encyclopedic data of the back-wall choices) some props for the 100-proof 1792 Bottled in Bond bourbon he chosen throughout a current go to to Kentucky with the boss.
4) The menu: On the foodie entrance, Warren retains the nice occasions rolling with an emphasis on five-star sourcing and repair, and dishes (even entrees) meant to be shared. Although it provides off a steakhouse vibe, it’s rather more than that. On the starter aspect, surprises abound—like Gloria’s KFC, a Korean spin on small fried rooster bites with pitch-perfect gochujang glaze; Berkshire pork and bourbon apples served with whole-grain honey mustard; and an artfully plated roasted cauliflower with poblano, smoked pepper coulis and avocado crème.
5) Star turns: Being from Chicago, John says that “if we will’t ship an excellent steak, we shouldn’t be within the restaurant enterprise.” Warren delivers, after which some, with beef sourced from A Reduce Above in Fort Lauderdale. Standouts embrace the Carrara ribeye, an Australian wagyu in roasted garlic butter that melts in your mouth, in addition to the dry-aged (28 days) prime New York strip in a wine service provider sauce. Some of the fashionable dishes continues to be the (Maine) lobster seafood Bolognese, with scallops and jumbo shrimp. One other seafood star, the wild-caught Scottish salmon, was Uncle Warren’s favourite dish.