Natalie Portman has had a dynamic and long-lasting acting career since she was just a child, but still always thrives to do better. As of now, she;’s set to portray female Thor in the 2021 production of Thor: Love and Thunder. This is a total power move in light of Portman founding her own production company, which she did to “create more roles for women, by women.”
1. Natalie Portman’s age is 38 years old, and she was born in Israel on June 9, 1981. The Israeli American actress grew up on Long Island, which explains her New Yorker attitude and that slight accent.
2. Natalie Portman is 1.6 meters tall, or just over 5”2. She’s so short that when she was flying to London to shoot the “Star Wars” prequel where someone from customs asked her if she was flying with a guardian.
3. The tiny actress is already just 118 pounds, but lost 20 more for her ballerina role in Black Swan, which she accomplished through proper diet and working out. We think that going into the double digits for weight is a bit extreme, but that shows how far her dedication to her roles goes.
4. The actress wasn’t discovered due to mall headshots or after tons of auditions. Like a classic New Yorker, she was discovered at age 10 at a pizza shop. Just one year later she would audition for her first movie role.
5. Her first role was a breathtaking one years beyond her age in “The Professional”. At the young age of 12, Natalie Portman starred as the small and spunky protégée of hitman Leon in the unforgettable action-drama flick, inspiring choker and crop top fashion for years to come.
6. Natalie Portman’s husband is French choreographer and dancer hottie Benjamin Millepied. The couple has been married since 2012, and the two fell in love on the set of Back Swan.
7. Natalie Portman has two children – Amalia and Aleph. Aleph is eight years old, and his sister Amalia is just two years old. The kids rarely make public appearances, but recently the family was spotted hanging out at Disneyland.