If the Meghan and Harry interview taught us anything, it’s that this couple is nothing short of inspiring — especially Meghan, who completely faced challenge after challenge when she uprooted her life as an actress to become a duchess at Buckingham Palace. That journey didn’t work out, but she’s still as poised and elegant as always as she fights back against those who try to repress her. Here are some inspirational quotes from our girl Meg — we could all learn from these gems of wisdom on various topics.
1. ”As you get older, you become more comfortable in your skin and comfortable in saying no to things… I’ve also learned that saying no is just as valuable as saying yes. It’s something that, I think, comes with age and really having a sense of your self-worth. And then you make choices based on that.”
2. ”It’s not enough to just survive something, right? That’s not the point of life. You’ve got to thrive, you’ve got to feel happy.”
3. “You need to know that you’re enough — a mantra that has now ingrained itself so deeply within me that not a day goes by without hearing it chime in my head. That five pounds lost won’t make you happier, that more makeup won’t make you prettier, that the now iconic saying from Jerry Maguire, ‘You complete me,’ frankly, isn’t true. You are complete with or without a partner. You are enough just as you are.”
4. “We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?”
5. ”You draw your own box. You introduce yourself as who you are… You create the identity you want for yourself.”
6. ”With fame comes opportunity, but it also includes responsibility — to advocate and share, to focus less on glass slippers and more on pushing through glass ceilings. And, if I’m lucky enough, to inspire.”
7. ”I encourage and empower each of you to really stand in your truth, to stand for what is right — to continue to respect each other.