What do we know about Leo DiCaprio? Not much besides the fact that he has been our celebrity crush ever since Titanic, and we’re aware of the name of his scandalous friend group, along with heir relation. Here are some Leo DiCaprio facts that you may not have been privy to before.
1. Jack, the most iconic role Leo has played so far, almost wasn’t played by the young Leonardo DiCaprio. The studios producing Titanic apparently wanted Matthew McConaughey to play jack instead. Thanks goodness for the stubbornness of James Cameron.
2. He was born on November 11, 1974, it means Leo DiCaprio’s age is 45. Not yet a silver fox, but we’re looking forward to the day that DiCaprio becomes an official silver haired zaddy.
3. Many women go with a “6 foot and over” rule – luckily Leo DiCaprio’s height is just six feet, but we have a feeling that even if he wasn’t, most of the women in the world would still be down.
4. At age 19, young Leonardo DiCaprio was the seventh youngest actor ever to be nominated for an Academy Award. The nomination was for What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, the 1994 masterpiece. He wouldn’t win the award until almost 20 years after, but Leo said this was his favorite role.
5. There are a lot of memorable Leonardo DiCaprio movies, but the only one he was nominated for and actually won was The Revenant. After fighting a bear, that’s the least they could have given him.