The internet is bursting with a plethora of articles and blog posts that are all about what women should and shouldn’t do or wear. It’s either men spewing their opinions about women or the media pushing their ideas onto us. It’s obviously ridiculous but hey, if you can’t beat them – join them. We’ve decided to join this madness and write about 10 items in a man’s wardrobe that drive women crazy.
1. T-shirts with saying, slogans or jokes on them look ridiculous. Unless you’re 12, or a professional athlete wearing a sponsored jersey you probably shouldn’t use your chest as a billboard. It looks loud, unnecessary and stupid. Plus, whatever those shirts say is never actually funny, so stick to simple t-shirts or if you have to – go for patterns over words.
2. Badly tailored suits won’t make you look like James Bond. Instead you’ll look like you’re wearing your dad’s suit. Baggy suits look cheap and lazy, those won’t help you impress the ladies. In fact it’ll probably make women run in the opposite direction. However a nicely tailored suit will definitely make you look sexy and dashing.
3. Vests over t-shirt should be banned. (Now if you pair it with a dress shirt – that’s a whole new story) Contrary to some people’s belief wearing a vest over a t-shirt does not make you look classier or smarter, or more fashionable. It just makes you look like an idiot. Who came up with this stupid combo? Is it the same person who decided to popularize the trilby hat but call it a fedora? Which brings me to my next point.
4. Trilby hats. No, that’s not a fedora you’re wearing, you “nice guys” with neckbeards, that monstrosity you put on your head is most likely a trilby. Not only does it make you look foolish, but the fact that you keep calling it a fedora is proof of that.
5. Super deep V-necks should be collected into a large pile and burned at the crossroads. What’s the logic behind these deep V-necks? What are you trying to show off? Your hairy man chest? No one wants to see that. And if you actually waxed to wear that disgusting shirt – sorry mate, you tortured yourself for the wrong cause.
6. Short shorts may be a great way to show off your long and gorgeous legs, but let’s all be honest, they look ridiculous and don’t belong on a man. Men’s shorts should be either slightly higher than their knee or knee length. If you go shorter than that you better be out of this world fabulous and on a beach.
7. Flip flops are beach attire and are unacceptable in any other setting. You can’t just wear them to work, to brunch or just for a stroll on the street. You wouldn’t wear your swim trunks anywhere but at the beach would you? I don’t care how hot it might be outside, no one wants to see your man feet, so put some proper shoes on and deal with it.
8. Huge belt buckles/plates look cheap and vulgar. What exactly are you trying to draw attention too? Belts have one function and that’s to hold up your trousers, and perhaps be a subtle accessory. Subtle being the key word here. So remember that next time you feel like buying a belt with a huge buckle.
9. Lots of jewelry never looks good on a man. Multiple rings, bracelets, necklaces are a sign of bad taste. Who do you think you are? A pirate? Even Johnny Depp can’t really pull all that crazy jewelry off anymore, so you shouldn’t even try. Get yourself a nice watch and call it a day.
10. Super skinny jeans aren’t meant for men. It’s just doesn’t look right. There’s nothing wrong with well-fitted jeans that show off your butt, but you never want to wear skin-tight jeans. No one needs to see the outline of your junk. Plus, just think about ballet-dancers, they have perfect bodies and they still look silly in those leggings. Why would you want to put yourself through that?