Finding outfits to wear for the holidays is always a headache, and can sometimes take a chunk out of our end of year bonus. But some gorgeous outfits might already be hiding in your closet, or just waiting for the perfect piece to be paired with it. Here are our ultimate holiday looks, whether you’re looking to go risqué or appropriate.
1. This look is both office party and cocktail party appropriate. Black tights with a metallic bubble skirt is always the right choice. Tuck in a long sleeved black top to accentuate the waist and create harmony with the tights. We love it paired with simple black stilettos like this babe has done.
2. When all else fails during holiday mental breakdowns, throw on a slouchy red sweater dress and suede thigh highs. The look gives you automatic glow, abides by the holiday color rules, and is versatile with absolutely any hairdo.
3. We really don’t believe in the no white after Labor Day thing – otherwise, we wouldn’t be able to wear this completely chic, white-as-snow outfit to all of our holiday parties. Be the edgy girl attending party with white tennis shoes and a matching all-white slit skirt and turtleneck combo. Drape an androgynous style trench coat over the looks.
4. This outfit isn’t too daring but screams supermodel off duty, to whatever occasion you’re attending. The longs sleeved black shirt makes an appearance again (a winter basic you need to have) and pairs it with fun polka dotted tights, a leather mini skirt and a faux fur jacket. Victoria Beckham would be proud.
5. This holiday party outfit is unexpected and so New York. Who says leather pants can’t be the staple trouser of chilly weather? Pair with a boxy clutch and a metallic shirt for a contemporary-meets-eighties vintage inspired look that’ll definitely collect some compliments.
6. People frequently think of a romper as a summer garment, and while that’s true, full bodysuits are the most elegant and unexpected item for holiday parties that we’re obsessed with. Take this fitted model with a partially sheer polka dot upper body. It’s so eye catching, all the model needed was as simple natural clutch and pumps to pull it all together.
7. Crushed velvet has a way of adding pounds on due to its not so slimming essence, but rocking it in a flowy dress rendition with a slightly billowed waist is a good way to fight that tendency. We love how this model has played with texture in her shoe choice and made the fabric appear more sleek by doing a pulled back hairdo paired with oversized hoops.
8. A pleated skirt and chunky heels are a foolproof look for festivities, but try an unexpected top such as a one-shouldered piece or a bustier to add a pop of surprise to the somewhat traditional outfit. It’s very 2020, and highly photogenic.
9. Tulle skirts are such a dreamy and feminine winter staple, and you can always punk them up with a combat boot or sneaker. Try a neutral tone like cream or white to let fabric really shine, and pair it with a burgundy top – the shade is a timeless classic that returns with each year’s snowfall.
10. We previously showcased a one-shouldered blouse that made us swoon, but off the shoulder is a classy update that’s so Audrey Hepburn. Paired with a printed mini skirt, a simple off the shoulder top will transform you into a retro, home-making goddess that your mom would be proud of.